The Jefferson County R.J. Bailar Public Library has a wide range of services that can help you learn, work, play and participate in our community. Here are some of the services available with your library card. Membership is free if you have a Jefferson County ID or work in Jefferson County, and only $30 with out of town identification.
- Over 30,000 print books, DVDs and audiobooks to borrow. More than 100 items are added to the collection each month.
- Thousands of free ebooks, including new and popular titles, that you can read on any device.
- Print and document services including printing, copying, faxing, and shredding. Most print services are free.
- Wireless printing from your phone or laptop.
- Circulating Chromebooks and hotspots that you can use in the library or take home.
- Assistance with technology, including assistance with finding or filling out forms (library staff cannot provide legal or financial advice).
- Free wifi available inside the library, as well as the grounds and parking lot.
- Reader’s advisory. Knowledgable library staff can help you find a book, put together readings on a topic for your child or classroom, or help you with basic research.
- Children’s services, such as storytimes and arts and crafts, to help foster a lifelong love of learning.
- Public programming, to help connect Jeffersonians to the arts, local government, current events and continuing education.
- Notary public. Please make sure that all the signatories and witnesses will be present and bring photo identification. Make an appointment if possible. Do not sign the document before visiting the notary.
There is free parking.
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, there may be changes to hours and services. A sign outside the library will provide information about whether the library is open for visits, curbside only, or online only.
The library is located at 375 S Water St, Monticello FL, 32344, in the Old High School complex. You can call the library at 850-342-0205 during business hours.